Can my spouse force me to move out of our home?

If your home was purchased after your marriage, or if both names are on the home, or if both names are on the lease, it is considered the marital home and neither person can force the other person to move out. However, if the home is in your spouse's name only, you can be forced to move from the home within a reasonable time. When possession of the home is an issue, though, your Judge may hold a Temporary Hearing and will order one of you to move out, regardless of whose name is on the home documents. See an attorney to learn what the Judge is likely to do in your case.