We would like to thank everyone for voting for us for Best of Northwest Arkansas Contest 2023! The results will be announced shortly!

What do I do if my spouse threatens to hurt me?

Go to your local police department or Prosecuting Attorney and ask for an Order of Protection or a Restraining Order. You will have to explain the details of the incident to the Judge, who will usually grant the request for a limited time. The Judge will set a hearing on the matter, usually within about 30 days. Your spouse will be allowed to appear and tell her/his side of the story. We strongly encourage you to see an attorney as soon as you have a hearing date.