No. You do not need to use a lawyer to file either Chapter 7 or Chapter 13. However, we advise that you use the services of an experienced bankruptcy attorney as bankruptcy is complex.
Benefits of Hiring a Bankruptcy Attorney
A bankruptcy lawyer is worth the cost. Since bankruptcy laws and requirements can be extremely complicated, a small mistake can be a costly mistake for you.
Here are some of the benefits of working with a bankruptcy lawyer:
- You can save the cost of legal fees and money by following the advice of your bankruptcy attorney.
- You can have peace of mind that your case is handled by a seasoned professional who can protect you when issues arise.
- Your attorney can save you time by handling all of the paperwork.
- Your attorney understands the laws and has built relationships with the bankruptcy court, judges, and trustees.
It is not recommended that you go through bankruptcy alone. Mistakes can jeopardize your case, potentially lead to criminal charges, or even leave you paying for more debt than you should.
What Our Bankruptcy Lawyer Can Do For You
Our legal team at Martin Attorneys are ready to guide you through the entire process, such as:
- Helping you decide which Chapter to file
- Filing all the paperwork and making sure you have the required documents
- Protect you from wage garnishment, repossession, and foreclosure actions
- Stop creditors from harassing you
- Represent you in creditor meetings and negotiate a lower debt for you
- Resolve any disputes that arise
Ready to Eliminate Debt? Call Us.
If you are overwhelmed with debt and finding it difficult to keep up with your bills, feel free to contact us to learn more about filing for bankruptcy. During your free consultation, we discuss whether bankruptcy is a good option for you, and which Chapter you qualify to file.
Call us at (479) 888-2039 or send us a message online.