Can I Contest an Inheritance from my Grandmother’s Will?

My grandmother recently passed away. She had written out that the house I was raised in since I was 6 yrs old be sold and the money divided equally. This is devastating to me due to the fact I was raised here and it’s home. What rights do I have if any?

If her wishes were hand-written, it is called a holographic will. Such a document is not valid in Arkansas unless it is witnessed by 3 disinterested parties. If your grandmother had a valid holographic will, her wishes must be followed. If she did not have a valid will, you will need to hire a probate attorney because her estate must be probated. This gets more complex and there are many factors that would effect what portion of her estate would pass to you. I urge you to see an attorney right away.