We would like to thank everyone for voting for us for Best of Northwest Arkansas Contest 2023! The results will be announced shortly!

I Have Full Rights. Mother Now Wants Rights as Well

I’ve been a father on my own for seven years and received full custody for my children two years ago. Now their mother wants rights. However, she got in trouble for meth and I don’t want my children in danger.

Arkansas Courts deal very harshly with parents that are convicted of illegal activities. You state that you received full custody two years ago. The mother of your child can go back to Court and file a motion asking that custody be changed, but she would have to prove that it is in the best interest of the child for such a change to be made. The Court will look at your child’s performance in school and many other factors. If the mother’s involvement with meth is a conviction, you may have enough grounds for the Court to grant supervised visitation. Go see an experienced family law attorney who can help you with this complex issue.