Getting a Divorce From an Out-of-State Spouse

My husband and I have not been together since 2004. I live in Arkansas and he lives in NY. How can I get the easiest divorce? We have a house together and I just want to sign it over to him.

It sounds like any divorce would be uncontested. That means that you are in agreement on all things. If that is the case, it is a very simple matter to get an uncontested divorce in Arkansas.

You would have to send the papers to him to get his signature and then he would send them back. He will not have to be “served.” For our clients, we always make sure that the complaint is filed and give them a file marked copy to send with the paperwork so your husband can see that everything is as you agreed.

There is a 30 day waiting period before you can get a divorce. Your husband will not have to go to Court. You will have to go and you will need to take one witness with you that can testify that you are a resident of Arkansas. After a few minutes on the stand answering very simple questions, the judge will sign your divorce decree. Let us know if we can help. Divorce is an area that we practice in every day.