We would like to thank everyone for voting for us for Best of Northwest Arkansas Contest 2023! The results will be announced shortly!

Can I terminate visitation if I am not being paid the support I am owed?

No. Tempting as it may be to tie visitation to child support payments, they are separate considerations. Though lack of support can be financially devastating, it really is not in your child's best interests to make time with their other parent contingent on payment and doing so may subject you to legal difficulties if there is a court ordered visitation plan. Similarly, you may not stop paying child support if visitation is denied. If your child support is seriously behind, you should contact an experienced family law attorney or your state or county's child support and enforcement office.